Nicely put article and infographics by Bachtrack on our previous year trends in classical music around the world.
They collected the information and statistics from around the world around the year and analyzed it to see what is here and changing in the classical music world, especially in the worldwide arena.
Bachtrack is seeing change in the field:
- Younger conductors
- Younger composers performed
- More concerts by US orchestra
- Anniversary Effect really push the performance of a given composer
But we still see this constant in the field:
- Handel’s Messiah is still the most frequently performed work
- We still need more women on the podium and more women composing
- La Boheme is still the most popular opera piece
Want to know more? Just take a look at the infographics.